So I had some trouble getting my source put onto wordpress. I can understand their point, they don’t want to share .zip, .tar or any other archive container formats.
In the intrest of brevity, I decided to just use a free file host. I chose medifire, it was top on google when I checked.
There is where you can find the historical archives of my search development. I did my best to ensure that it could be compiled on Windows (32-bit XP via, MinGW) or Linux (ubuntu 64-bit server), sometimes OpenBSD. You’ll likely need sqlite (http://www.sqlite.org/) and libcurl (http://curl.haxx.se/), you’ll probably need pcre libraries as well (http://www.pcre.org/). If you try to compile something that looks like it should work, let me know and I’ll see if there’s any libraries that I might be missing, or at least I can let you know if it SHOULD compile.
All the above source is released under the original BSD Licence.
Copyright (c) 2010-, Evan Stawnyczy (ejes consulting) email@example.com All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgement: This product includes software developed by ejes consulting. 4. Neither the names ejes consulting, Evan Stawnyczy nor the names of its addional contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY EVAN STAWNYCZY AND EJES CONSULTING ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL <COPYRIGHT HOLDER> BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
As of right now, I’m working on a complete rewrite.
This rewrite I’m hoping will serve as good working reference code. It will be clear, easy to understand and most likely SLOW. I am now using ODBC instead of limiting users to sqlite. This also will hopefully allow enterprises to adopt use without too much trouble. I decided to scrap the web-server aspect – hopefully someone will want to bundle search and web-server for home use. Especially with the wide adoption of ipv6 a single workstation could easily share information with others all indexed through a private search network. At the very least someone should write an nginx (http://nginx.org/), lighttpd (http://www.lighttpd.net/) and apache (http://www.apache.org/) module that indexes static and cached content and publishes the search results.
That leads me to trying to build this as an ip-agnostic application. I want it to run in both an ipv4 and ipv6 network. Of course this has it’s own challenges as well. I’m trying to maintain ANSI compliance where I possibly can so that it can be easily portable, and mostly so that it can run on windows or unix without too much trouble.